Feed on
Posts
Comments

Acknowledgement of Partners for 2010 MILEAD Fellows Leadership Institute

On behalf of the 2010 MILEAD Committee and the entire Moremi Initiative team, I would like to extend our appreciation to our individual and institutional partners for their tremendous contributions to a successful edition of the 2010 MILEAD Fellows Leadership Institute. We truly appreciate your contribution and hope you recognize, as we do, the valuable role you have played in laying a strong foundation for the advancement of African women’s leadership and development in Africa.

Moremi Initiative would like to thank: The Global Fund for Women and the OSI International Women’s Program (Foundation Open Society Institute (Zug), for providing partial financial support to the program.

We acknowledge the special contribution of our 2010 speakers and resource persons:

 Her Excellency Mrs. Mary Ronbinson- Former President of Ireland; Former UN Human Rights Commissioner, and President of Realizing Rights.)

 His Excellency Mr. John Agyekum Kufuor (Former President of Ghana)

 Hon. Betty Mould Iddrisu- Attorney General and Minister of Justice of the Republic of Ghana

 Hon. Juliana Azumah-Mensah- Minister for Women and Children’s Affaris and Member of Parliament of Ghana)

 Hon. Samia Nkrumah eatrice B. Boateng (Member of parliament of Ghana and Daughter of Dr. Kwame Nkrumah)

 Hon. Beatrice B. Boateng (Member of parliament of Ghana)

 Her Excellency Ms. Jeanette Ndhlovu South African High Commissioner to Ghana

 Her Excellency Mrs. Pavelyn Tenclai Musaka (Zimbabwean High Commissioner to Ghana)

 His Excellency (Sen.) Musiliu Olatunde Obanikoro – (Nigerian High Commissioner to Ghana)

 Prof. Akosua Adomak Ampofo (Director- Institute of African Studies, University of Ghana)

 Ms. Elizabeth Adjei (Director- Ghana Immigration Service)

 Ms. Comfort Ocran (Legacy and Legacy)

 Mr. Albert Ocran (Legacy and Legacy)

 Ms. Sylvia Vollenhoven (Vision in Africa- South Africa)

 Nana Asantewa Afadzinu (IBIS-West Africa)

 Ms. Chris Dadzie (FIDA- Ghana)

 Ms. Anna Bossman (Commission for Human Rights and Administrative Justice)

 Dr. Audery Gadzekpo (University of Ghana)

 Ms. Ecoma Alaga (WIPSEN-Africa)

 Ms. Ugochi Edert (Income Electrix Limited- Nigeria)

 Ms. Edem Dablu

 Elizabeth Akpalu (Advocates fo Gender Equity/ NETRIGHT Ghana)

 Ms. Ursla Owusu (FIDA-Ghana)

 Mr. Al-hasan Adams (Africa Water Network)

 Ms. Gifty Dzah (WILDAF-Ghana)

 Mr. Frank Agbodza (WILDAF Ghana)

 Dr. Ama Dadson (University of Ghana)

 Mr. Issac Oware-Aboagye (Action Aid- Ghana)

 Ms. Akua O. Britwum (Univ. of Cape Coast)

 Mr. Mawuli Dake (Africa Group Consult)

 Ms. Eibhlín Ní Chléirigh (NETRIGHT-Ghana)

 Mr. Helious M. Dablu (WSIE)

 Ms. Abigail Burgeson (African Women Development Fund- AWDF)

 Ms. Afua Ansre (UNIFEM-Ghana)

 Angela Dwamena-Aboagye (Ark Foundation)

 Dr. Esi Sutherland Addy (Univ. of Ghana)

 Ms. Naa Atwei Owusu (Ark Foundation)

 Ms. Hilary Gbedemah (The Law Institute)

 Ms. Christabel E. Dadzie

 Mr. Emmanuel Edudzie (YES-Ghana)

 Mr. Kwesi Pratt (The Insight)

 Dr. Esi Ansah- (Ashesi University)

 Ms. Adwoa Bame (WISE-Ghana)

 Ms. Matilda Idun-Donkor (Reindorf Chambers)

 Dr. James Clayman (Amasaman Hospital)

 Mr. Nortey Duah (Ghana Medical School)

 Herlyn Gu’dao Uiras (Namibia)

 Chief Insp. Elvia Sadongo (Ghana Police Service)

 Yaa Boadi Aboagye (Multigroup Consultant)

 Ms. Ruby Quatson (IDEG)

 Porf. Omolara Ogundipe (AWWORD)

Special thanks also to our partners without whom this year’s institute would not have been possible:

Junior Achievement International

Women Peace and Security Network Africa (WIPSEN-Africa)

Institute of African Studies- University of Ghana

Women’s Initiative for Self Empowerment (WISE)

The Institute for Democratic Governance (IDEG)

YES-Ghana

The Africa Group Consul

CXO-International

WILDAF

GATE to Africa

UNIFEM

The World Bank- Ghana Office

African Women Development Fund

Combert Impressions

JCR of Commonwealth Hall- University of Ghana

Attorney General Department and Ministry of Justice, the University of Ghana Debating Society, among others.

Our profound appreciation to the members of the 2010 MILEAD Selection Committee : Ms. Renua Scott (Nigeria/ USA), Ms. Rosemary Agbor (Cameroon), Ms. Donmale Gbaanador (USA/ Nigeria), Dr. Kemi Bello (Nigeria), Ms. Muthoni Nduhiu (Kenya), Ms. Yvonne Laruni (Uganda), Ms. Adwoa Bame (Ghana), Ms. Fatou C. Malang (The Gambia), Oluwaseun Temitope Waziri(Nigeria).

We are grateful to the organizing team members, consultants and volunteers: Ms. Densua Manford, Ms. Yaa Oparebea Ampofo, Ms. Deborah A. Frempong, Mr. Setor Awude, Mr. Makafui H. Dablu, Naana Ocran, Ms. Rebecca Ying, Ms. Francesca Dogbatse, Ms. Mavis Dontoh, Ms. Mandy Kells, Godfrey Saim Jnr. (WISE), Mr. Patric Wulff (WISE). Ms. Magdalene Dankwah Donkor

Above all, our deep gratitude to the 2010 MILEAD Fellows for the unique experiences that they brought to the program and for the inspiration they give us all: Ms. Amina Abdirashid, Ms. Eyram Adadevoh, Ms. Ettamba AgborNdip, Ms. Anthonia Ayamga, Ms. Nancy Beshay, Ms. Vanessa Chintedza, Ms. Bendu A. Dorley, Ms. Esther Eshiet, Ms. Astrid Janice Flenon, Ms. Mary Ng’endo Kanoi, Ms. Catherine W. Kiama, Ms. Sheila Kinaheirwe, Ms. Amie Kujabi, Ms. Memory Malimo, Ms. Theresa Morfaw, Ms. Neema Mwesiga , Ms. Satang Nabaneh, Ms. Delta L. Ndou Ms. Gifty A. Oware-Aboagye, Ms. Mary Ng’endo Kanoi, Ms. Zaza Sandisiwe Motha, Ms. Rumbidzai Sithole, Ms. Winnie S. Tamba, Ms. Gu-dao Herlyn Uiras, Ms. Jane Wairimu Waithera and Ms. Asmau Ayub Yusuf.

Asante sana! Dankie! من أنت !Merci! Obrigado!Akpe! Thank you!

Ms. Joyce Aryee– Chair, Moremi Board Dr. Juliette Tuakli– Chair, MILEAD Committee Ms. Violet E. Awotwi– ED, Moremi Mr. Mawuli Dake– Co-chair, MILEAD Committee Ms. Adwoa Bame– Co-chair, MILEAD Committee

10 Responses to “From MOREMI… with appreciation!”

1. Neema Mwesiga says:

As a 2010 MILEAD fellow, I cement this heartfelt appreciation and thank each and everyone mentioned. The fellowship has taken my life to a next level and I know this could not have been possible without the contributions of many individuals as mentioned in this article.
    “Asanteni sana”
    “I bless the day I applied for MILEAD fellowship”

2. Being chosen to be a MILEAD Fellow was without a doubt a turning point in my life an I would hazard to say in the lives of the hundreds of Zimbabweans that regard me as a role model, positive change agent and a committed actor in the socio-economic processes unfolding in Zimbabwe.
    It is my fervent hope that similar opportunities be availed to more young African woman and that platforms as illustrious as the one Moremi Initiative has provided may be accessible to every generation of aspiring women leaders.
    My heartfelt thanks to all those mentioned above for investing in our lives through their time, participation and their willingness to pour their resources into making the leadership institute a success.
    I daresay, our paths will surely cross as we go about the business of advancing the interests of Africa’s people and elevating the status of African women.
    Thank you to Mawuli and to Densua (a friend discovered unexpectedly) and of course everyone else – you are far too many to mention but I hope in succeeding we honor the sacrifices you made to ensure the success of the MILEAD summer camp.
    As I am a woman of many words; perhaps I should end by recognizing my employers the Zimbabwe Newspapers Group (Zimpapers) – particularly The Sunday News for allowing me to take a leave of absence and most importantly; I have to make mention of the generous support of the Kubatana Trust for sponsoring my participation and for their continued inclusion of me as a member of their civic family of Zimbabwean blogging activists.
    And to all the MILEAD 2010 fellows for an experience of a lifetime and memories that are priceless, cherished and treasured.
    Ndolevhuwa, riyavhonga, ngiyabonga, ndinotenda – thank you!
    …eeh woman eeh!

3. Catherine says:

Thank you MOREMI for having faith in me,and for the wonderful experience ,those are the beautiful moments in life that even Kodak cannot capture but they will be with me in a much safer place-in my heart.

To all the MILEAD 2010 Fellows,for teaching me things I did not know about myself and the comfort that I have 25 beautiful,Intelligent Sisters from all over Africa and the Diaspora looking out for me.May each of you always remeber that attitude is the mind’s paintbrush,it can colour any situation.

To all the above named persons,thank you for embracing the tenth theme of the African Women’s decade-taking time off your busy shedules to mentor young women leaders and professionals,both in Africa and the Diaspora to be champions on Gender Equality and Women’s Empowerment.May you keep up the great fight and know that when the time is right you will be handing over the mantle to abled young ladies.

Finally,a big thank you to my family who supported me both morally and finacially.You guys are awesome,love you loads!!!!and to my friends who were so dramatic about it all but who cheered me on and are my pillars of strength.

4. I want to thank the Moremi Initiative for the confidence bestowed on me as a MILEAD fellow,it was an exciting 3 weeks experience learning from the best coaches!
    In my work i draw immense inspiration from the resource persons and my fellow sisters!

I am also grateful to the United Nations Millenium Campaign!

Please follow the Calabr beckons blog to learn more about our work!

Best Wishes

Esther

5. Theresa Morfaw says:

I will first of all thank the almighty God for giving me life and the courage to apply for the Mormi innitiative and my family for supporting me morally and financially,Big thanks too to Maame Yelbert-Obeng of Global fund for Women who supported me morally and financially,Amira diamond,Melinda krama and Marti all of womensearthalliance,cheryl choge for their financial support.
    I also aprreciate the efforts of all those who created time out of their busy schedules to teach us in one way or the other to make sure we are women of substance God will Bless you all profoundly.And our thank you’s can never be enough.
    Moremi innitiative i cant even find the right words to say thank you but i am so so so grateful for all the efforts,i would have never asked for more from you.Because i have skills which i have never dreamt of having all because of you.Adwoa Bame,and Mawuli Dake i thank you very much for making me meet a councellor to help me out of the stress i was going through .I feel lots more better.
    To all my milead sisters you all made me feel like a queen i can never forget the bday suprise you organised for myself,Vanessa and jayne,.All the team building work which created a bond between us was a great idea and i wish we continue in unity because united we stand divided we fall.MILEAD FELLOWS ARE WE TOGETHER?

6. satang says:

Milead 2010 is a journey, an education for life.,

All the above mentioned has created the opportunities for all the fellows to get the best. the people we met have being great…

Basically. Mawuli i love you to death without a doubt, Makafui (love) and to the rest of the team.

Special thanks to the media companies in Gambia who have published and broadcast our nomination.

To the many individuals such as FC Malang, great advocates and Gambian mentors who have passed the info pack to us and contributed their resources and expertise.

Milead Fellows.. y’all are amazing

MILEAD 2010 has been an amazing program, with amazing people and at an amazing place

Many Thanks

7. Vanessa Chintedza says:

I can not thank the Moremi team enough, for having given me the best experience of my life yet. It is amazing how just three weeks can change the whole perspective of a person. The opportunity that was granted to me to visit Ghana will never be over-looked as it not only changed me as an individual but gave me the drive to live, and not only for myself but for others. we always say ‘we should be the change we wish to see’ and in such times that we live in that can seem to be impossible but with all the encouragement from the Moremi team and all those mentioned in the above statement i know i can make a difference, i know that i can truly contribute to being the change i wish to see and my gratitude is to you all for having the strength and perseverance to go before us and to have paved the way. i would like to thank my Church and pastor, capital city baptist, and my family for having made this trip possible.
    Zikomo! stay blessed

8. Amina Abdirashid says:

I would like to extend my heartfelt appreciation to the MOREMI team and to all those mentioned above for giving me such an rare opportunity. Today i am a different woman just because you all came together to make the change in me and i must admit,only a few people in this world can take the time to mentor others without asking for anything in return,,,,you are the few who are BLESSED.
    To my family for the support and love,you guys are awesome. To the BBC WST for allowing me to attend the training and for supporting me throughout the 3 week period.
    Finally to my MILEAD Sisters,i must admit that i have never met 24 intelligent young women in one room and meeting you all made me realize that i still got a lot to learn.Thank you all for making the 3weeks a great time,for the support,the friendship and above all the sisterhood cultivated. I hope we shall all meet again,hopefully this time round, us mentoring other young women.

MAHASANIT…ASANTENI….THANK YOU….

9. Asmau Ayub Yusuf says:

Meeting with Africa’s most outstanding, vibrant and young ladies of substance under the same roof was a great honour and opportunity of a life time. My warmest and sincere gratitude goes to the entire Board and staff of Moremi and Wise. Especially to Mawuli and Ms. Adjoa Bame for the confidence bestowed upon me. Also to all the distinguished men and women mentioned above, to my family for the encouragement and last but not least to all 2010 fellows whom are my heroines and sister’s.
    !!Eewomaneh!!…God bless you all, with love.

10. Gifty Dzah says:

It is always a pleasure to be associated with Moremi and especially MILEAD