Moremi Initiative focuses on long-term development of women leaders who can help transform and change institutions that legitimize and perpetuate discrimination against women. It is an African initiative for African women, that draws on the skills and expertise of women and girls across the continent and the Diaspora.
Moremi Initiative’s programs are aimed at identifying, engaging and equipping young African women and girls with the skills, support and networks, required to lead, advance the rights and interests of African women and girls, as well as social justice on the continent. Our programs:
1. INVEST: invest in equipping young African women and girls with the knowledge, skills, resources and networks that enable them participate in the socio-economic transformation of the continent;
2. PROMOTE: promote the leadership and achievements of women and girls through advocacy and dissemination of information about the accomplishments of fellows;
3. SUPPORT: support women and girls’ solidarity and partnerships through mentoring, coaching and role modeling programs.
4. TRANSFORM: To transform fellows, communities and leadership on the continent by developing and executing innovative leadership development strategies that serve as a model for the development of future African leaders;
Our core programs include:
• LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT: MILEAD | GIRLS CONGRESS | SCHOOLS PROGRAM | MENTORING
• RESEARCH & ADVOCACY
• CONFERENCES & SUMMITS